- This event has passed.
MapRun Monday – Gainesville Duckpond – Lloyd Clarke Sports (Sponsor) and Cypress and Grove Brewing (Host)
June 13 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$5.00
Welcome to the second installment of MapRun Mondays. This month we will explore the Duckpond neighborhood, going southeast from Cypress & Grove. Runners have four scatter courses to choose from, and power walkers have a 65-minute, timed, score-O course. See below for details!
- Director – Patrick Gallagher
DATE AND TIME
- Monday, June 13, 2022
- Arrive and start any time between 6:00pm-6:30pm
- All courses close at 8:30pm
- NO FLAGS in the field – everything is scored/tracked with the MapRun smartphone app (details below)
- Please be safe, have fun, and don’t take unnecessary risks with your safety.
LOCATION and PARKING
- The start location will be at Cypress and Grove Brewing Company as listed in the Venue map below.
- Please carpool if possible because onsite parking is extremely limited. There is spillover parking across the street and in the shopping center around the corner.
- Please respect all signage.
- Walkers – 65-minute SCORE course with 3 point per minute late penalty. Controls are weighted 2-5 points as stated on the map. No running allowed!
- Runners – four different SCATTER courses (A, B, C, D) requiring stated minimum number of controls before returning to finish, lowest time wins. Running, jogging, walking, crawling permitted.
- Adults are $5
- Non-competing kids are free. Competing kids pay the adult rate.
- Entry includes one 8.5″x11″ Rite-in-the-Rain waterproof course maps is provided per entry. Maps contain PIN codes to access the courses in MapRun.
- Payment can be made in advance on this page via CC or by selecting CASH ONSITE at checkout. Pre-payment makes check-in MUCH FASTER for everybody.
- Walk-up registration is permitted, while map supplies last. The aim is zero waste, so extras will be extremely limited. Please pre-register if possible!
- Scale is 1:10,000 with 40 foot contours
- Mostly black and white with simplified street-O symbol set. Extremely self-explanatory, and everyone gets a map briefing before starting.
- Legend stresses out of bounds (if it’s gray, stay away!,) crossable features, un-crossable features and safety information.
- MapRun runs on your Android or iPhone smartphone and is how we track, time, and score this orienteering race.
- You can download and install MapRun here.
- You can view an example map with instructions from an event that took place in Tasmania, Australia (where Maprun is REALLY popular)
- Here is an overview video of MapRun in action.
HOST – Cypress & Grove Brewing Co.
- We’re a 15 barrel microbrewery in Gainesville, FL that produces beer in the old Gainesville Ice Factory using artesian water from its original well. The same well that once provided ice and a neighborhood gathering place continues to provide for our community as we gather together over a crisp pint of beer. Cypress & Grove were the historical names of the cross streets on our corner. Come drink from the well!
SPONSOR – Lloyd Clarke Sports
- A sporting goods leader in Gainesville, Florida for over 45 years, Lloyd Clarke Sports prides itself on providing quality products, expert advice and friendly service.
- If you look hard enough, adventure’s always right around the corner – at Lloyd Clarke Sports, we work every day to help you find it. We believe there’s no wrong way to enjoy the outdoors, and whether you run, hike, ride, or camp, we want you to make the most of your time. Not sure how to prepare? Our knowledgeable staff is always here to lend a hand when it comes to choosing the perfect apparel or the latest gear.
- We are a locally owned and operated specialty sporting goods store carrying high quality footwear, performance apparel, and accessories. Our staff is highly trained and motivated to assist you exceed your fitness goals. We have a division to provide custom uniforms, footwear, screenprinting and embroidery for your group. Join us for one of our road or trail race events held every year.
- Since 1976, Lloyd Clarke Sports has been engaged in the Gainesville community, providing quality sports apparel we use and trust ourselves. We look forward to helping you soon on your next adventure!
Waiver of Liability (initials required at registration)
Waiver — In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound and hereby waive or release any and all right and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the Meet Director, Northline Navigation LLC, Cypress and Grove Brewing Company and all of their agents assisting with the activity, sponsors and their representatives and employees for any and all injuries to me or my personal property. This release includes all injuries and/or damages suffered by me before, during, or after the activity. I recognize, intend, and understand that this release is binding on my heirs, executors, administrators, or assignees. I also authorize the use of photographs or videos that include my image for promotional, informational, or other reasons deemed to be in the best interest of the activity. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to enter this race that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained for the completion of this event and that my physical condition has been verified by a licensed Medical Doctor. By submitting this entry, I acknowledge (or a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years) having read and agreed to the above waiver. [YOU MUST INITIAL THE REGISTRATION FORM TO CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS.]
- Sorry, no refunds.
- Events are rain or shine excepting dangerous weather, in which case a call will be made prior to the start time, and a make-up date announced. If you cannot make the make-up date, your ticket will roll over to the next scheduled event.